Sunday, August 1, 2010

Island Park, Idaho

July 24th Holiday

Every year my family and extended family always go on a big camping trip. This year everyone bailed. Josh, Huntyr and I were still determined to go, so we packed up the trailer and headed to Island Park for a week.

We had so much fun being together as a family. We fished one day, well Josh fished with two poles (his and Huntyr's) Huntyr threw rocks in the water and I read a book.

We spent a day in Yellowstone, where we seen 1 Grizzly and her two cubs, 2 black bear, and one brown bear. My favorite part was this, I love it up there its so beautiful, around every corner is a new kind of scenery.

We rented a paddle boat which was a complete work out, two bull moose decided to hang out in the river where we were.

We had a good time, watching movies in the trailer and trying to teach Huntyr to ride a bike without training wheels.

On the way home we took a detour and hit the Mesa Falls, both lower and upper. They are such a beautiful sight

All in all it was a great camping trip.


Mesa Falls


The amazing paddle boat experience









Yellowstone
Eating lunch in Mamouth





This bear was right on the side of the road

Tower


This is where we camped, right on the Island Park Resevoir


Night Time

Daytime, and our fishing excursion


We kind of forgot the legs to the camp chef so we cooked like this :)



A good past time, coloring at the table



2 little notes:

Unknown said...

We love Island Park too! Totally jealous you got to see bears in the park. Looks like you had a ton of fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Island Park to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane