Sunday, November 2, 2008

Goodbye October Hello November

Warning this will be a long post!

Today its raining and I am feeling the way it looks outside. I woke up today in a pretty good mood, that turned rather quickly as I tried to get us ready to go to church. Why is this such a task with a 2 year old. I quickly think to myself, why even bother going now, its been such a pain to even get us out the door, then not to mention sacrament meeting is never enjoyable when you have someone fighting you to keep quiet, spilling the cereal you brought. How can one ever feel the spirit this way? After church one of the counselors called me into the office, just me. (keep in mind this ward is very very small) He called me to not 1 but 2 positions in the ward. The first being a primary teacher for the sunbeams, yeah okay fine I can do that. The next is being the chorister in relief society. Uh hello I don't have any type of musical skill that way. Seems easy enough for someone with skill, fine I'll do this one also.

Then I take Huntyr to nursery, thankfully he didn't scream and cry this time to go (one blessing noted today) Then I meet Josh for Sunday school and he tells me he go nabbed by the other counselor, they want him to be over the preist group. Oh and for us to talk in church in 2 weeks. Welcome to the ward!

Like everyone else I am so glad Halloween is over. It was fun while it lasted but happy to be back to normal for just a bit.

Our Halloween started out with me taking Huntyr to my work trick o' treatin. He made out like a bandit. We had to pick Josh up from work. We hit both sets of Huntyr's grandparents and then went with my mom and dad to their Ward party (I never really knew when ours was) It was fun, actually it wasn't, there was so much chaos no one even knew if they were coming or going. We grabbed a free hotdog and hit the road.

Halloween was fun, lot of work for one big day, not to mention I had to beg Huntyr to dress up, bribed him with everything I had to get it to go off with a hitch. special thanks to my sista for following me around with the camera
Sorry if this post seems negative, I am feeling really down today!

Huntyr and his cousin BrylieAnn, she was a super model, isn't she cute!
My Parents ward party!

My mom and dad ready to head to the party in their FAB!! costumes

Trick or treating and my work

Batman and Cat women sharing a moment!




Hey mom, look at all my candy in my bucket (truley what he said)






off to find more candy!

auhhh found some

8 little notes:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

love the costumes...you look HOT with your hair and being a cat!! i just love it!!! congrats on the callings...but how can you do those two at the same time...they are at the same time???? hope all goes well with the next few weeks and the talk.

Hayley said...

Tomorrow is another day!

Tim and Melissa said...

Darling costumes! Sorry you are having such a down day. You're not alone! I'm just praying tomorrow is better!!

What a way to join the new ward. You will be busy! I was just trying to figure out how you will be teaching primary and be in RS at the same time. Good luck with that!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I am the Sunbeam teacher in our ward (yea, they caught me when I moved in as well), and I was nervous about it, but it has been one of my favorite callings I have ever had. I don't know how you do that the same time as your other calling though, I know ours are at the same time. I also think you and Huntyr looked so cute!! I loved your outfits!!

~Kandi said...

Aaaaaaaaaah. New wards are always crazy you will do a great job. I hava know doubt.

As for Halloween you guys looked awesume. BatMan and CatWoman

Love from the Sista

mandy said...

Love the costumes. Your cat face is darling.

Ariana said...

I found your blog through Charee's - your little guy is a cutie!

symony said...

what a cute costume!!! I saw you at the party but you were bussy chasing him!!!! I love that you matched him!