Sunday, May 31, 2009

Landscaping is for the birds

May 31,st

Before I get to my catch up posts I wanted to just post these. 1:00 church is so hard on the boys. I was making dinner and they were on the couch watching cartoons, I think it was all but 5 minutes and they were out.



May 2009


We did the daunting task of building a home, now the task is really putting in the yard. My hats are off to all the landscapers because this is hard work. Luckily we have had a guy in our ward who has been so awesome to help us, he owns a landscaping company, so he dug all the trenches for Josh to put the sprinklers in. Josh is the plumber so we knew he would be doing the sprinklers. I had no idea how long it would actually take. 2 full saturdays and a week straight after work till dark. Josh has worked so hard (and 95% by himself) I did try to help but when I have a two year old running around really all I did was carry the pipe out of the garage and put them by the trenches and then the occasional finding the pieces he needed. Josh is such a hard worker and I know when we get our yard done it will look amazing.

after awhile we just dumped the box out, made it easier
trucks and dirt, what else does a boy need???
we used it all!
before
after
to be continued with pictures of curbing and the firepit (my favorite)

3 little notes:

~Kandi said...

looking real good, Josh is a hard worker, you are lucky to have him.

love from the sista

Trisha said...

Yard work is seriously so much work!

Mandie said...

Post some pics of the firepit. Seems like I'll never get up there soon enough.