Sunday, January 31, 2010

My New love for Winter

January 1, 2010

A few years ago Josh took up ice fishing and I can't even begin to describe how dang fun it is. Now most of you would think brrrr it would be so cold out, which it is but when you have an ice tent and a heater inside its the best ever. New years day Huntyr's Day Care, Gina Denton (love her) offered to take him this day so Josh and I dropped him off bright and early and off we went. We ended up in Deep Creek and between the two of us we caught 10 fish. The best part was it was snowing like crazy, and there were a few guys about 20 yards away 6 or so all cramed in 1 tent. At lunch Josh wipped out the grill and cooked us cheeseburgers, not long after the grill was going, those other guys packed up and they were gone. I'm sure they were hungry with the smell of our burgers out on the grill.

Josh purchased me a year fishing license so I am good to go as long as there is ice.




One of the fish that didn't get away, a few I pulled up but then got off the hook and slid back down the hole.









3 little notes:

Meg said...

oh! How fun to be together...helps you love him more!!!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

Wow! How adventurous of you!!! And yes, coming from someone that hasn't lived in cold weather for 7 years now, that does sound cold!!!!

Ari Anna Johnson said...

Seriously I wish I could join you! I have always thought that looked crazy but said, I would only go with a good friend that would be willing to save me if I fell in the hole! Looks like fun!