Monday, August 18, 2008

House and Tempers

Its all starting to take shape. I can't tell you how badly I want to be in our house. Smithfield is just not my town anymore...Here's why:

Last night there was a knock on the door around 9:30pm. Josh answered the door to find 2 cops standing on the porch. Apparently one of the neighbors had complained about our dog barking. Said he had barked all day. I find that funny because I was home all day long except for the hour I went to church. Now if anyone knows our dog you will know that he is so mello and rarely barks unless he is provoked. He was barking a few minutes before they showed up because Josh and I were outside getting our clothes off the clothes line and the neighbors were outside screaming (I'll get to this part of the story in a minute) Of course he was barking we were outside and people were screaming across the canal.

The cop proceeded to take down Josh's information, birthdate. phone number. He asked if the dog was registered and of course he isn't. Why would we register the dog we are not a perminent resident of Smithfield and we will be leaving in a few weeks. The cop said he would let us off with a warning but then just kept saying that the dog was a nusiance and that he could be taken away. At this point I lost it, I am very hot tempered and boy did it come out and the cop got the brunt of it (oops) I told him that I couldn't believe that he was coming over to our house for the dog when there are drugs going on over at the houe next door (hence the kids screaming next door) That house has so many cars coming and going all day long and all night long, the kid doesn't have a job and all he does over there is smoke pot and mushrooms according to his dad (why they don't do anything about it is beyong me) In anycase my parents have to put up with that and now that we are there I don't want drugs being dealt next door. I have a baby and I don't want to worry about the drug lords across the street when we are outside playing.

Okay so back to the story. I got realy hot at the cop going over all this with him and he said hey I could go head and give you a citation right now and I just said "go ahead" probably shouldn't have said that but I was fuming. Josh kind of pushed me back in the house and the cop told me to go in the house he would just talk to my husband probably better anyway but man I was mad.

Anyway a lovely way to spend a Sunday night.

PS, they said they are aware of the situation across the way and are working on it but it takes time. I wondered how long it would take before something was done.



Little boys and Tractors

4 little notes:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

ohhh i am sorry about all of that. i am so mad too! that is just crap....i understand why you would do that. hope that you are feeling better now and all is good. love house, keep updating pictures....i love them. after the house is done, i think that a sleepover is needed. j/k but i would like to come and see it. well good luck with all.

Gingersnaps said...

ROFL! Man, that is a good story thought! I wish I could have been there! Hope they take care of the real issue before something crazy happens ;)

Tim and Melissa said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! Now I can see what you are up to. Your little boy is so cute and all grown up. I'm jealous of your gorgeous new house! Are you still at TFS?

Yes, add me to your list and I'll do the same with you (let me know if you don't want me to). Fun hearing from you!!!

~Kandi said...

I miss all the fun