Wednesday, June 24, 2009

16,000 SF

June 19 & 20
I never thought this day would ever come. Instead of celebrating father's day in the normal way, bbq, cook-outs. We choose to let all the fathers come to our house and help lay sod. Let me just thank everyone who came up to help. We started Friday at 5:00pm and got the side and the front yard done around 8:00. Then Friday night Josh checked the weather like he had been doing the past 3 weeks in hope's we could lay the grass. We found out that the storm that was suppose to hit Sunday may be hitting on Saturday around 9am, so at 5:00am Josh and I went outside to start on the back and the other side of the house. Soon after more and more people started to show up. We were completely done with the sod, garden, stepping stones and the sprinklers at 2:00pm just in time to see it start raining. What a welcome relief to have the grass in. That dirt before hand is a complete killer. A few more weeks and we can finally go out and play on it.



I think we had around 14 pallets total delived on Friday, Saturday we had to go get 3 more pallets and 15 more rolls
The semi was loaded full, I was nervous when I saw all that grass I thought it would take us a week to get it down.
another final grade, and the skidster (spelling?) unloading the pallets in different places


look at all those packers, I was the tucker, the one on my knees making sure it was in the right spot.


the front yard is done. You guys rocked!




Saturday it was lunch time and time to feed the crew. Nothing like a little burgers and dogs on the grill to surpress those men's apetites


back yard, and down below the rock wall where the fire pit is


nice little stepping stones out to Blaze's dog kennel. This should help with not making a trail in the new yard.

my most exciting part, I have never had a garden. Yes we had one growing up and I helped, but I am so excited to try it myself, we even went and got the compost from twin rivers dairy before the grass went down so I am completely ready to plant.

last but not least the final part of laying the sod. Making sure the sprinklers are ready to go.

8 little notes:

The Green Family said...

holy grass! i hope you have a riding mower.

Trisha said...

That is crazy! I can't believe all those pallets!

esplinm said...

and what a wonderful time we had laying sod.
P.S. that is a sweet lookin black flatbed. thanks to the farm.

Hayley said...

Congrats! Your yard looks beautiful!

Ariana said...

Wow - that is quite the project - glad to see it is done - it looks GREAT!

Ari Anna Johnson said...

looks great!

Ari Anna Johnson said...

What, you can go to Idaho Days now???? Yipee! See you there

~Kandi said...

Oh it is beautiful. I seems so much bigger with all the grass down.

Now can HVN and I play baseball?

Love from the sista