Sunday, June 8, 2008

I DID IT!!!!!!!

Little Red Riding Hood 2008 (June 7)
I did it, after many months of trying to get ready, my first real biking tour was here. I rode 80 miles in one day in the Little Red Riding Hood bike tour. Its a women's only which helps raise money for breast cancer. In all 2,200 riders were there and believe me, there was a lot of women.

Here is a map of the 80 miles we took. We Started in Wellsville road through, Mendon, Cache Junction, Newton, Clarkston, Cornish, Lewiston (where they served us lunch), Trenton, Newton, Benson, Logan, Mendon and then ended back in Wellsville.


8:00 am the start of the ride, check out all those bikers
Like I said 2,200 riders, from all over the United States
This is Laura, her husband works with me at Thermo. We met for the first time here and rode together until Lewiston and from there she rode home to Preston
Little Red Riding hood her (him) self :)


They had a big lunch in Lewiston for the 80 mile course. My Mom, Huntyr and Josh met me there and ate lunch with me. The weather was a little cold & rainy through out the ride, so when I wasn't riding I was really cold. The sun happened to come out for a minute so I soaked up as much as I could wrapped in a blanket.

This is my sign tht Kandi and Rogers made for me. I rode past their house on my way back, Kandi was sitting out on her lawn waiting for me and when I came by she had it out just a waving it. It was nice to have so much support through out the race.
I MADE IT!!! At 5:30 I came riding in, this was the end. I was so emotional that when I finished and saw everyone there waiting for me, all I could do was just cry in excitment, I was so proud of myself for making it, there were times when I didn't think I could go any farther.
My best boys were waiting for me at the end, Josh and Huntyr were there along with my in-laws and sister in-law. Thanks to Josh and Huntyr for all there support for this ride. I couldn't have made it without you boys. I love you both very much!!!

3 little notes:

Daybell's said...

Congrats!! Way to go, I am so proud of you. That is an amazing accomplishment!

Gingersnaps said...

YOU GO GIRL! That is awesome! Congrats!

Shauntell said...

Way to Go! Thanks for posting on my blog. I forgot your email so it was great that you contacted me first. What a fun thing to accomplish. Great Job! Keep in touch!